Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome to the Marine Electrical Advisor

Welcome to the blog that will attempt to help you with those marine electrical questions ,problems or assist the do it your selfer who is stuck.
A little about my self...I am a 45yr old Marine Electrican who has been working on boat electrics for the last 23yrs. I own Marine Electrical Solutions Ltd, a two man business (myself and apprentice) in Waikawa Marina, Picton. I'm married with two great kids.
What I aim to provide here is a place where ideas can be bounced around and help provided to those in need with their boats electrical and electronics.
I can't say I've seen everything that goes on boats but I would say I have had a diverse range of experience working on boats in New Zealand, Australia, Bermuda and Spain.Ive worked on 10ft dinghys to 250ft luxury yachts in the Med. If you want to follow this blog I'm sure you will learn alot and hopefully I will get a chance to help some people sort out their electrical difficulties. So here goes.

3 comments:

  1. Just updated the profile section nothing to hair raising sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a 440V 3-phase Bus bar distribution board. All phases test 440v phase to phase as you would expect. Testing to earth, 2 phases read 220v but one reads 380v. What are the possible causes? This 440v is fed from a transformer which is fed from a 600v generator. We have tried 4 different generators online and 4 different transformers and still have this one phase reading 38v to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good articles, Have you heard of Mr Benjamin, Email: 247officedept@gmail.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740-- who work with funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete